Imagine if your hobby was able to make you a little extra money every month? Well, thanks to drones becoming increasingly more accessible; many enthusiasts are finding that they can do just that!
Whilst it might not be enough for you to quit the 9-5, at least not to start with, there are lots of different ways you can make money with a drone. We’ve put together our top five examples of how you can boost your bank account with a drone.
- Photography - This is often the easiest way to start earning money with a drone. There is a big demand for aerial shots and you could look to sell some existing images you have or even start to take commissions and requests!
- Aerial Survey - Many architects and real estate agents would love aerial shots and surveys of their properties, so get in touch with some local ones to start with and see if they would be interested in your help.
- Surveillance - This is a fast-growing option for many drone pilots as businesses and industries look to keep a watch over their properties or events to help document what is happening.
- Agriculture - Farmers often need to know how their crops are performing, but doing this across large fields is very time-consuming. A drone can help to significantly speed this up – although you will need to know what to look for, so this will likely need some practice first before you start charging.
- Inspections - Another popular way for drone enthusiasts to make money is to provide utility companies such as energy and water providers, as well as construction firms and even wind and solar farm owners the option of inspection flights. You’ll be helping them look for signs of damage, so a knowledge of the industry will help.
Whichever option you choose, remember that you must secure the relevant commercial drone licence in order to be able to carry out the task.